If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (708) 747-9925

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

We Have The Experience Necessary To Handle Your Flossmoor Home Fire Damage Restoration

6/4/2019 (Permalink)

Fire Damage We Have The Experience Necessary To Handle Your Flossmoor Home Fire Damage Restoration Our technicians were called in after a fire in a home, extensive damage was done to this bedroom. We restored it back to normal.

Fire Damage Restoration from a Candle Fire in Your Flossmoor Home

It has become increasingly popular to use candles in Flossmoor homes for decoration and relaxation. Candles are used to mark special occasions and create a unique atmosphere. However, they also bring fire into your home, so they need to be treated with care. Candles result in home fires each year, and most of these can be avoided if you are using the candles properly and taking the right precautions.

When your home in Flossmoor has experienced fire damage from a candle, it can be quite unsettling. The fire damage needs to be taken care of right away, however, to prevent further damage to your home. To help you, reaching out to a professional remediation company such as SERVPRO is the best course of action. With our experience and training, we can restore your home and make it look as if nothing happened.

An easy step to start with to protect your home and family while using candles is first putting candles on a surface that is heat resistant and in a proper holder. Candles have to be held upright by the holder, so they do not tip over. The holder should also be stable, so it does not fall over, either.

Set candles away from curtains or other flammable fabrics and furniture. Keep them out of drafty areas, and do not place them underneath a shelf. It is easy to forget how hot it can get above a burning candle. Putting it under a shelf or other surface can allow the candle to burn that surface. There should be three feet or more between a candle and any surface above it.

Depending on how bad the fire damage is, SERVPRO techs use various mechanical actions to make friction and agitate and loosen smoke residues. When medium agitation is needed, there are a few options for us. Dry rubber sponges can remove loose soils. Dusting clothes which are treated with alight mineral oil attract light dust and soot. Crumbly cleaner works like an eraser. It self-destructs as it is rubbed over a surface, and the pieces of the cleaner absorb soils from the surface. A white, clean towel can also be used to apply wet cleaning solutions.

Of course, keep pets and kids away from any burning candles, and make sure not to lean over a candle while it's burning to prevent hair or clothing from catching on fire. There should also be at least four inches between each burning candle, and do not move candles while they are lit.

SERVPRO of Matteson-Homewood understands that any fire damage in your home in Hazel Crest, Richton Park, or Olympia Fields can be traumatic for you and your family. Let us help you restore your home – give us a call at (708) 747-9925 as soon as the flames are extinguished.

If you are new to Flossmoor, click here for information, that will ease your transition into the community.

Other News

View Recent Posts