Back to School~Safe occupancy of Educational Facilities
School is back in session for most areas of the state of Illinois in one form or another.
Check out our latest blog to explore ways to evaluate and optimize school cleaning and disinfecting protocols in response to the continued spread of #Covid19.
For those who chose to physically occupy classrooms, they also include new rules around social distancing, rotating days of in-person classes, and routine disinfection for safe occupancy are a few examples.
To prevent a steady increase of cases, both on college campuses and in K-12 academic institutions, educational facilities must not only uphold these strict new standards, but also quickly identify and isolate ill students and faculty from the rest of the school if cases break out.
As a result, it is critical that re-occupancy schools consider evaluating and updating their cleaning and disinfection practices in line with the latest guidelines by the CDC.
Understand Where and When to Disinfect
When considering a disinfection strategy, high-traffic areas and high-touch surfaces must be priority zones for whole room disinfection.
In schools, these can include classrooms, cafeterias, locker rooms, and gymnasiums.
#Colleges and #universities introduce additional challenges and spaces that must be disinfected, such as dorm common spaces, various team locker-rooms, dining halls, fitness, #healthcare, athletics, stadiums, arenas and libraries.
In particular, facilities like nurses’ offices and student health centers where potentially COVID-19 positive individuals may go when they notice symptoms must be routinely disinfected.
A few tips to follow from the professionals at SERVPRO
When evaluating surfaces to disinfect, consider the following guidelines:
• Routinely disinfect high-touch surfaces, such as doorknobs, light switches, computer mice, and shared desk spaces.
• Clean, but don’t disinfect, general outdoor areas such as benches.
• Consider removing communal items where possible, such as shared tablets and art supplies.
Check back weekly for more tips on safely occupying campuses, schools, facilities, businesses and public spaces.
If you're open to learning more please don't hesitate to contact for more information.
SERVPRO Franchise Professionals
- Provide 24/7 Full Service Property Restoration Provider
- Highly Trained Insured Workforce
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- A Trusted Leader in the Industry with more than 1,700 Franchises
- Preferred Vendor for Many National and Local Insurance Companies