Cleaning carpet & flooring after a water damage
Today's carpet and upholstery materials vary dramatically.
SERVPRO of Matteson - Homewood offers a number of cleaning options to match any type of upholstery or carpet.
SERVPRO of Matteson - Homewood's Certified Professionals also offer a range of specialized carpet cleaning methods:
- Bonnet Cleaning: A less aggressive method for short piled carpets.
- Hot Water Extraction: A deeper cleaning method for all carpet types.
- Deluxe Precondition and Rinse: Helps restore deeply soiled areas.
- Showcase Premier Cleaning: The most thorough cleaning method in the industry.
- Dry Cleaning: When color-fastness is an issue.
Carpets act as a filter, trapping dust, dirt, gases, animal hair, and other soils. All carpet manufacturers agree on actions you can take between carpet cleanings to increase the life span of your carpet.
IICRC states that 79% of soil in carpet is dry soil.
Vacuuming is a key component to proper care and maintenance of carpet.Preventative maintenance actions include:
- Regular vacuuming
- Spot removal
- Pilating the carpet to prevent matting
- Moving furniture to change traffic patterns
- Using walk-off mats to limit the amount of soil tracked onto the carpet