Recent Why SERVPRO Posts
Our Fire Damage Professionals Will Restore Your Home In Flossmoor To Pre-Damage Condition
We invite you to experience the difference our skilled and dedicated team provides by calling (708) 747-9925.
Why SERVPRO Is The Obvious Choice To Restore Flossmoor Fire Damage
You get only one chance to make sure your Flossmoor dwelling recovers from the harm a household fire can do. The toxic and corrosive residues created as flames consume building materials, grease, food, or other fuel in your home rapidly discolor, warp, and tarnish structural components and contents. Water and chemical extinguishers used to knock down the fire must be abated as well. Our employees hold multiple certifications from the IICRC, proving why engaging our services is a wise choice.
The beautiful and exclusive neighborhoods in Flossmoor make reliable fire damage restoration essential to both our community at large and to the families who live here. Our well-qualified technicians, supported by our investment in cutting-edge fire remediation products, tools, and equipment, are why relying on our expertise and resources pay dividends at a time when you as a homeowner are seeking the most effective solution to a tough problem.
When our service vehicles arrive their comprehensive stocking of equipment and supplies needed make it clear why SERVPRO needs to be your first call after the firefighters depart. The airborne toxins released during the fire begin to damage wood, drywall, fabrics, and plastics immediately. Metals tarnish, and glass etches quickly. Since we arrive ready to begin cleaning and restoring your home and its contents we can halt these destructive processes fast.
Fire damage scenarios put every item and fixture in your home at risk of ruin or permanent damage. Packing up these articles and moving them to our production facility is often recommended. The specialized cleaning and deodorizing skills our production technicians possess are why SERVPRO can say with confidence that we can make even severe fire damage “Like it never even happened.” Pack-outs are a secure option, and our Contents Claim Inventory Service (CCIS) creates a detailed inventory using lists, digital pictures, and barcoding. We can document the condition and restoration achieved of your treasures, providing substantial evidence for insurance claims.
Reliable fire damage restoration is one of the core reasons why SERVPRO of Matteson-Homewood exists. We invite you to experience the difference our skilled and dedicated team provides by calling (708) 747-9925.
Click here for more about Flossmoor.
FREE CE Classes this March 2019!!
!!FREE CE Classes for Insurance Agents Spring 2019!!
Attention Insurance Agents!!! Are you in need of CE credits for your licence? We are offering FREE CE classes March 6th & 7th, in two separate locations for your convenience. March 6th in Homewood, IL and March 7th in Bourbonnais, IL. Both days will have the same line up, Ethics (3 Credits) from 9am-12pm & Bio Clean Up and Hoarding Claims (4 Credits) from 1pm-5pm.
**Please see the attached flier for location addresses**
Breakfast and lunch will be provided for those in attendance.
So come partake in our educational and lively classes. Hope to see you there.
For further questions please contact us at 708-747-9925
Like and Follow us on Facebook
Caring for Victims
Victim bags ready to help when disaster happens.
When your home is struck by fire or a major storm you may have only a few minutes to gather belongings and move to safety. For many of us, gathering a few clothes, and the family photo album take priority over a toothbrush or comb.
At SERVPRO of Matteson- Homewood we care about the community, that is why many of our staff carry these emergency bags in our vehicles. Each bag contains a few of the essential personal care items that many people need after a fire or storm disaster. Our hope is that each bag can bring a bit of comfort to the community after a tragedy.
Having your own preparedness bag is very important especially if you live in an area where natural disaster such as tornado can strike. It is also important to remember, only gather personal effects when it is safe to do so: material belongs can be replaced, but a life can not be.
Putting the Knowledge About Fires in Your Hands
Knowing what causes fires can help you to prevent them!
Knowledge is power! The Threat of Winter Fires is Real and according to FEMA:
- 890 people die in winter home fires each year.
- $2 billion in property loss occurs each year from winter home fires.
- Winter home fires account for only 8 percent of the total number of fires in the U.S., but result in 30 percent of all fire deaths.
- Cooking is the leading cause of all winter home fires.
- A heat source too close to combustibles is the leading factor contributing to the start of a winter home fire (15 percent).
- 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. is the most common time for winter home fires.
- Unattended cooking is the leading factor in home cooking fires.
- Two-thirds of home cooking fires started when food or other cooking materials caught fire.
- Clothing was the item first ignited in less than one percent of these fires, but these incidents accounted for 18 percent of the cooking fire deaths.
- Ranges accounted for the largest share (62 percent) of home cooking fire incidents.
- More than half (55 percent) of reported non-fatal home cooking fire injuries occurred when the victims tried to fight the fire themselves.
- Frying poses the greatest risk of fire.
- Thanksgiving is the peak day for home cooking fires.
Importance of Rental Insurance for your Peotone Home
Do you know how important renters insurance is?
We see disasters everyday... and one of the saddest things is when people don't have rental insurance and loose everything. If you have questions about rental insurance you should speak to an agent for more information.
- The landlord's insurance covers your possessions. Don't count on it. Most landlords' insurance covers only the building and damages due to negligence.
- Renters insurance is expensive. In this case, the numbers speak for themselves. The average renters policy costs just $12 a month for up to $30,000 in personal property coverage. That's solid coverage for less than the cost of a couple of cups of coffee a week.
- Still concerned about price? Your insurer will work with you to find the combination of coverage and costs that suits your needs. You might even qualify for a discount by taking some simple home safety precautions or purchasing another policy, such as auto insurance, with the same insurer.
- You don't need insurance if your stuff isn't expensive. Most renters' belongings cost more than they think.
- Think that number is too high? Take a moment to add up the approximate cost of your computer, television, stereo, furniture, jewelry, and clothing. If a fire gutted your apartment tomorrow, would you have the cash to replace it all?
- Renters insurance covers only your possessions. In fact, renters insurance covers much more than just your personal property: The average policy also includes up to $100,000 in liability coverage. That means in the event of a covered loss your insurer will help cover the costs if you're held responsible for injuring another person or damaging another person's property, including your landlord's.
- Renters insurance is hard to get. You can research providers, compare quotes, and even find an agent online
A community partnership
Out and about.
At SERVPRO of Matteson-Homewood we strive to be as actively involved in our local communities as possible. We strongly believe that to be successful you need to do more than just offer a great service to your communities, you need to buy into what is happening and what is important locally.
Over the years we have worked very hard to not only help sponsor events and charity fundraisers but also actively participate in them. If we aren’t trying to help those around us succeed then our success will also be limited, in being a valued community business leader and participant.
The best way to lead is always by example.
SERVPRO Content Cleaning and Storage
Content Cleaning and Storage
At SERVPRO our team of professionals handle your personal belongings with the utmost of care. We clean your items by hand and repack them so they are ready when you move back to your home or business. We also use the Esporta Machine and Ultrasonic Cleaning equipment.
SERVPRO's Environmentally Friendly Products
SERVPRO's Environmentally Friendly Products
SERVPRO wants you to know that we are doing our part to help our Planet. That is why we want you to know about our Green Cleaning Products.
SERVPRO® Industries, Inc. is a member of the EPA’s Design for Environment (EPA/DFE) initiative. As a member company, SERVPRO® can access the listing known formally as CleanGredients. The EPA/DFE has established a set of criteria for formulating environmentally friendly cleaning products. With the assistance of larger chemical companies the EPA/DFE has put together a listing of safe cleaning components that can be used in Green cleaning formulations. From the listing a formulation can be derived that incorporates “green” chemistry. The initiative is designed to allow chemical formulators a resource to formulate environmentally friendly cleaning products using environmentally friendly raw materials.
So next time you see our Green Vehicles, you'll know we are doing our part to sustain our Environment
Why you want SERVPRO as your vendor for Medical Facilities
Infection Control Risk Assessment Certified
Working in Hospitals or other Medical Grade facilities is not a service you want to leave to just any vendor. A job completed incorrectly can open the door to a whole list of legal liabilities, this is WHY you need SERVPRO of Matteson-Homewood.
Certified and accredited by the Linders Health Institute in Infection Control, we will help manage and control the risks that can be associated with this type of work. Protecting your patients, staff, other vendors, and helping your Risk Management Team limit your liability and enhance the Healthcare experience.
Don't wait, call us today!!!!
#Hospital #MedicalFacility #FireDamage #FireRestoration #WaterDamage #WaterMitigation #IICRC #ICRA #Mold #BioCleanUp #SERVPRO #PlanetSERVPRO #SERVPROOfMattesonHomewood
Document Preservation, Restoration, Conservation, and Recovery
Vacuum Freeze Drying Chamber
When disaster strikes, it usually hits where its hurts the most. Important documents such as books, medical paperwork, legal writings, etc are not spared. Sometimes despite the disaster you still need to retain these materials for legal or personal reason, that is where SERVPRO's Document Recovery and Restoration come in!
Acting quickly is imperative! Should you have important documents that get wet, damaged by smoke, or even a sewer damage, don't wait! CALL US RIGHT AWAY! 708-747-9925
Our highly trained staff of Restoration and Mitigation Professionals will arrive onsite and quickly take steps to limit damage and preserve as much as possible.
Document Restoration Services as follows:
- Drying - process in which an item containing moisture is frozen and dried using vacuums and pressures to achieve sublimation.
- Cleaning - we offer onsite cleaning. This is cleaning each document front and back to remove debris and any surface particulate.
- Sterilization - Gamma Irridation is a process that is used for disinfecting and decontaminating documents or other consumer goods.
- Deodorization - once paper has been wet, an odor can begin to form. Letting us deodorize your documents will reduce the odor and sometimes almost completely eliminate it.
- Destruction - we offer destruction onsite.
- Digitization - digitizing documents makes them easier to access as well as easier to store. We use state-of-the-art equipment to turn your paper copy into a digital file.
SERVPRO of Matteson-Homewood..... Like it never even happened!
#DocumentRestoration #PaperRecovery #PaperConservation #DocumentPreservation #DocumentRecovery #DocumentFreezeDrying #SERVPRO #PlanetSERVPRO #WaterDamage #SmokeDamage #SewerDamage #Mold #BioCleanUp #BoardUp #LargeLoss #CommercialWaterLoss #DisasterRecoveryTeam #SERVPROOfKankakeeCounty #SERVPROOfChicagoHeightsCreteBeecher #SERVPROOfMattesonHomewood #GoodGuysWearGreen #ICRA #MABAS7 #IllinoisLibraryAssociation #Hospitals #MedicalFacilities
ACTHA Homeowner Association / Condominium Association / Townhome Association Seminar at Georgio's in Orland Park, Il.
ACTHA Seminar at Georgio's in Orland Park, IL.
SERVPRO of Matteson-Homewood - Bill Wilczynski and Valerie Graniczny attended ACTHA Seminar at Georgios in Orland Park last night. Guest speakers discussed Legal and Insurance problems and solutions to Homeowner Associations, Condominium Associations and Townhome associations board members and guests.
These groups all have the same problems as business and homeowners do. Their properties suffer from fire and smoke damage, sewer backup, water damages, require board up services, and occasionally require Bio cleanup services. SERVPRO of Matteson-Homewood has been assisting property managers with these issues to help protect, restore and make their properties "Like it Never even Happened".
If your condominium, townhome, homeowner association is in need of a quality restoration and mitigation vendor ... CALL THE BEST!
CALL SERVPRO of Matteson-Homewood!
#Condominium #Townhomes #Homeowners #BoardUp #FireDamage #SmokeDamage #WaterDamage #SewerDamage #Mold #BioCleanUp #SERVPRO #PlanetSERVPRO #SERVPROofMattesonHomewood #ACTHA #Restoration #Mitigation #DisasterRecoveryTeam
Esporta iS4000 Wash System - Restore...Don't Replace
Esporta Wash System iS4000 - The latest in cutting edge cleaning technology
When it comes to cleaning your soft contents after a FIRE, SEWER, or MOLD Damage, why would you let just any restoration company handle your family's belongings? Your family deserves the best, that's why you want SERVPRO of Matteson-Homewood!
With the latest in cutting edge technology in the RESTORATION industry, we are ready and able to handle the very worst. The iS4000 Wash System is able to restore over 90% of the soft contents in a house, and over 85% of the soft contents that were previously considered nonrestorable.
We can restore items that were damaged and contaminated in the following categories:
- Category 1,2 and 3 Water Damages
- Heavy Smoke and Soot
- Bio Waste Contaminated goods
Third party testing has verified the ESPORTA Wash System restores items to FOOD GRADE CLEAN, removing 99% of contaminants.
Leather goods (Shoes, Purses, Jackets), Laundry of all kinds (Wash and fold or press and hang), Household goods (Sleeping bags, pillows, comforters, stuffed animals), Sporting equipment (Helmets, shoulder pad, hockey gear) are just a few of the items it can handle.
So whether your family is recovering from a fire damage or your High School Athletic Department is looking to clean its equipment, we have you covered. Call and ask us today how we can help you.
#FireDamage #WaterDamage #SewerDamage #Mold #BoardUp #BioCleanUp