Recent Cleaning Posts
Providing disinfecting cleaning services and utilizing ozone machines for #odor control. You can utilize an ozone generator in the office, home, gym, in the car, or even in the basement, it will help. Most people use ozone generators to remove odors, but they can also be used to kill #mold, remove #smoke and cigarette smells, and even #bacteria and #viruses. For more information or a demonstration, please contact SERVPRO of Matteson-Homewood at your earliest convenience. We are available 24/7/365 to respond to all your property cleanup & restoration emergencies.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned – a defensive cleaning program Category: Cleaning
Our defensive cleaning program gives your business a way forward by providing your employees and customers ongoing safety and assuredness.
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
As you take a drive up and down Lincoln Highway Matteson, Kedzie in Country Club Hills, Vollmer in Olympia Fields, Governors Highway in Richton Park or Route 1 / Dixie Highway in Homewood there are many businesses that are currently using SERVPRO services. Currently SERVPRO technicians are servicing the following zip codes: 60461, 60443, 60478, 60429, 60430, 60422, 60466, and 60471. The three franchises of SERVPRO Team Nichols are SERVPRO of Kankakee County, SERVPRO of Chicago Heights/Crete/Beecher and SERVPRO of Matteson-Homewood are fully trained, certified, and insured to handle any disaster including pandemic disinfecting.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
Call SERVPRO of Matteson-Homewood today at 708-747-9925 for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
* #1 Choice in cleanup & restoration based Commercial Attitude & Usage Tracking study. Polling 816 commercial business decision makers on first choice for future needs related to cleanup & restoration work. Study conducted by C&R Research: October 2019
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned means professionally trained SERVPRO franchises perform the requested cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection services according to proprietary SERVPRO protocols and recognized industry and CDC standards with EPA approved cleaning products to deliver a SERVPRO certified cleaning experience. Each SERVPRO franchise is independently owned and operated.
SERVPRO, FEMA, AND ISBE
What we know
Due to the 2020 COVID-19 Pandemic private and public schools have been forced to close to onsite learning. The decision to closed schools was a hard one, however in the best interest of slowing the spread of this viral infection it was necessary. In order for schools to prepare for the opening of the 2020-2021 school year, schools are scrambling to disinfect the buildings. The Illinois State Board of Education has recently distributed the information for school districts to apply for FEMA Assistance due to the March 26, 2020 declaration of a major disaster for the state of Illinois by the President.
SERVPRO of Matteson - Homewood is and has been on the front lines of servicing schools for years. Armed with EPA registered hospital grade disinfectants, airborne and blood born pathogen training our technicians are working hand in hand with schools to make sure they are ready to greet children in the coming school year. Our local franchise has handled flu epidemics in the past at schools and will continue to service our local schools to best protect the children of our communities.
School Boards and Administers
If your school has not had a thorough disinfecting of your building by a professional biohazard remediation company call our offices today. SERVPRO of Matteson - Homewood will work with an Environmental Hygenist if needed to create a customized plan for your school district. This plan can be as little or as much as you need to ensure that your building are properly cleaned, while still following the guidelines set forth by the CDC.
Certified Cleaning of Fire Fighter Turn Out Gear - MABAS
Certified Turn Out Gear Cleaning
Cleaning things may seem like it would be a low-tech task, but the reality is that cleaning items after a disaster are very high-tech. The Esporta Wash System is an excellent tool for getting materials clean and free of contamination, including items that look too far beyond hope. If you've had fire damage or flooding in your home or business, you might be very interested to find out what this new system can do for you.
Fire damage resulting in soot or water damage causing potentially hazardous pathogens on fabric calls for a sanitizing and powerful cleaning at your Homewood Flossmoor home. The contamination level found on any particular item can be extremely high. Contamination is measured in RLU's or Relative Light Units. High numbers may seem benign because it's 'light' but what is reflecting the light back to the measuring device is what we are concerned with – the higher the number of contaminants on an item, the more light will be reflected back into the device. When items are removed from the Esporta, they don't just look clean, they are clean, deodorized, and sanitized, as well. The much lower number of RLU's will indicate how clean an item is after being removed.
The Esporta Wash System is designed to eliminate the soot from fires and the bacterial deposits from floods and other disasters, such as storm damage, from a variety of items. These can include children's toys, leather items such as shoes, purses, belts, boots, and headgear, clothing, draperies, among others. It's design and means of functioning is extremely effective, but it is still gentle enough to be used on stuffed toys and clothing.
The effectiveness of the Esporta is substantial enough to handle even firefighters' Turnout Gear, leaving them looking like new again. The SERVPRO Esporta Wash System saves many municipalities from constantly purchasing firefighter Turnout Gear. When it comes to businesses in the retail clothing industry, when your inventory has suffered smoke damage or has become moldy, the Esporta might be exactly what you need to save your business financially. Large amounts can be cleaned at one time, saving you time, and money, simultaneously.
Families who have been through a traumatic incident can often find that what might have otherwise needed to be thrown away such as their children's playthings, can be restored and in a condition clean and safe enough to be handled by their children again. This can greatly decrease stress experienced by children when a traumatic situation has happened.
To find out more about the Esporta Wash System and what it can do for you in your particular situation, call SERVPRO of Matteson-Homewood at (708)747-9925. We can answer any questions you may have and also schedule an appointment during which we can begin to restore your items to a pre-damaged state "Like it never even happened."
HOMEWOOD, IS SPRING THE BEST TIME TO CLEAN?
Spring seems to be the perfect time of the year for a deep cleaning home due to the change of the seasons. The weather is perfect to start open windows and let the air flow through your home.
The truth of the matter is that spring cleaning could be the most boring task that needs to be done at home or could be the easiest, all depends of the way you arrange this tasks and the actions you take every day in order to have a clean and a cozy home.
Every Homewood new home or old home has its own unique characteristics and needs when it comes to straightening things up, there are a few basics that anyone can fall back on when it comes to spring cleaning.
Kitchens, bathrooms, bedrooms, living areas, for washing, replacing, dusting, sorting…not sure where to start? Don’t feel overwhelmed, here are a few handy tips that you can also use as a check list to make your spring cleaning easier and fun than a summer breeze. We also recommend you to have all the cleaning supplies you need beforehand so you won’t be tempted to put it off.
We recommend to start cleaning something you like to see shiny so this task will be more appealing as you will see the results immediately.
- Start cleaning inside and outside of refrigerator, and take the opportunity to throw out expired food products, since you will be emptying the shelves to clean them.
- Clean stove and oven and wipe down microwave
- Wipe down shelves in cupboards and inside drawers
- Clean garbage disposal blades by grinding ice and freshen it with baking soda and/or citrus rinds
- Clean or replace if needed it your range hood filters
- Finally Sweep and mop floors with a nice clean fragrance…Your done!
This task could be one of those you would like to leave it to the last, but think of the idea of enter to your fresh and clean bathroom, having a nice bath or listening to your family saying…This is great and smells fantastic!!!
- Wipe down shower and tub and re-caulk if your caulking has cracks or is moldy
- Clean toilet, countertops, and mirrors
- Sweep and mop the floor
- Wipe down shelves in cupboards and inside drawers
- Clean/wash bath mats, shower curtain, rugs, etc.
In case you have many Bedrooms at home you can start with one per day so the task will be easy and you won’t get tired and overwhelm with the rest of the house cleaning.
- Wash all bedding including your mattress cover
- Wash pillows (or replace if needed it)
- Rotate and flip mattress
- Organize and clean out closet ( take the opportunity to storage in bags clothing you don’t use and keep them in a place you can see it ready to take it for dotation’s)
This kind of areas are the most used at home so we recommend to leave it to the last so you can clean it and organize it properly.
- Vacuum/sweep and mop floor
- Polish furniture (You can start weekly with a piece so you don’t get tired doing it at once)
- Dust electronics/media centers other.
- Organize DVDs, remote controls, magazines, etc.
- Clean sofas and pillows
Throughout the House
This tasks can be done one per day and depending of the amount of work needed it
- Dust furniture surfaces and ceiling fans
- Vacuum, wash or dry clean all carpets, rugs, and draperies
- Wipe down walls, baseboards, and light switches
- Wash windows (inside and out) and windowsills
- Wipe down blinds
- Change air filters
- Apply a light coat of wax to wood cabinets and furniture
The following tasks are more for maintenance but its essentials you take the time to do it as they will reflect the good conditions of your house and the safety of your family.
- Test all smoke detectors (this should be done monthly)
- Check caulking and weather stripping around windows and doors, inside and out
- Check for cracks on the exterior of your home and seal them up with proper caulking
- Clean sliding door track and apply silicone lubricant if necessary
- Oil moving parts of garage door
- Visually inspect roof for broken shingles and clean rain gutters
- Check your attic for evidence of roof leaks, and ensure your attic soffit vents are not blocked with insulation – if they are, move the insulation back to its original location on the attic floor
- Pressure wash soffits, walkways, and roofing to rid of mildew
We also recommend to contact us, SERVPRO have the expertise to provide a deeper clean than your basic house cleaning service. Our residential cleaning services will ease the burden of the constant maintenance cleaning of your home, but will also create a safe, clean, and comfortable living environment for you and your family.
You know SERVPRO as a leader in Fire and Water Cleanup and Restoration, our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property. If you would like to schedule service for your home or business, please call today! SERVPRO of Homewood & Mattseson specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke, or water damage.
Don’t wait more, and be ready to enjoy your fresh and clean home organizing the activities during the coming months with this useful checklist or by contacting us, don’t rush for spring or summer time we are here to bring you a hand!