Cleaning At A Higher Level With Esporta System
The Esporta System
What would you say if we stated that a significant amount of the items that you thought lost during a fire, smoke, water, or storm disaster situation were fully restorable to a quality pre-damage condition? What if you could give your child back their precious stuffed animal that unfortunately got left behind? Or restore your grandmother's porcelain dolls to near perfection? How about moldy clothing stuck in the corner of your closet?
Take this opportunity to contact our offices in Bourbonnais for mold remediation to your soft fabrics and put the Esporta Wash System to the test. Take a few minutes to get the information you need to know about the quality of the wash system and see what it can do for you to recover the items you thought lost forever. There is finally a service available to you to assist with restoring your family heirlooms and personal items that you cherish.
SERVPRO technicians have been through the training and go the extra mile to put Esporta's unique patented technology to work for you. Setting a new standard in the restoration of textiles and other soft contents; the Esporta Wash System is far more efficient than any traditional laundry services, and it shows in the results that you get from the process.
By using this system, SERVPRO provides you with an industrial strength cleaning method that removes 99.9997% of all harmful bacteria, mold or fungus found in your hard and soft goods. Things such as plastic, leather, camping gear, foam, rubber, and reflective tape are finally restorable.
Our expertly trained SERVPRO technicians have used the wash system to clean, disinfect and restore items such as; hockey and football equipment, personal protective equipment such as a Firefighters Bunker Gear or a SWAT Teams protective gear and is even useful for Military Protective clothing and regular household and business related items. Now hidden mold growths on expensive drapes can have an excellent chance of being restored.
The restoration process is simple, it removes soil, suspends the soils and discharges any contaminants from the machine through a drain. A more detailed explanation is that it uses hydraulic action to remove any organic or inorganic materials found on fabrics by holding the articles in place and forcing water and detergents through them. These washing cycles also destroy mold spores or any organisms embedded in the soft materials. Esporta's four-stage detergent process produces results that affect the color, wear, strength and brightness retention of your items.
Give the Esporta Wash System a try today by contacting our professional staff at SERVPRO of Matteson/ Homewood. For mold remediation to your property or your home's structure, we have the solutions. We're available to you 24/7 and eagerly await your call. (708) 747-9925.
Caring for Victims
Victim bags ready to help when disaster happens.
When your home is struck by fire or a major storm you may have only a few minutes to gather belongings and move to safety. For many of us, gathering a few clothes, and the family photo album take priority over a toothbrush or comb.
At SERVPRO of Matteson- Homewood we care about the community, that is why many of our staff carry these emergency bags in our vehicles. Each bag contains a few of the essential personal care items that many people need after a fire or storm disaster. Our hope is that each bag can bring a bit of comfort to the community after a tragedy.
Having your own preparedness bag is very important especially if you live in an area where natural disaster such as tornado can strike. It is also important to remember, only gather personal effects when it is safe to do so: material belongs can be replaced, but a life can not be.
Putting the Knowledge About Fires in Your Hands
Knowing what causes fires can help you to prevent them!
Knowledge is power! The Threat of Winter Fires is Real and according to FEMA:
- 890 people die in winter home fires each year.
- $2 billion in property loss occurs each year from winter home fires.
- Winter home fires account for only 8 percent of the total number of fires in the U.S., but result in 30 percent of all fire deaths.
- Cooking is the leading cause of all winter home fires.
- A heat source too close to combustibles is the leading factor contributing to the start of a winter home fire (15 percent).
- 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. is the most common time for winter home fires.
- Unattended cooking is the leading factor in home cooking fires.
- Two-thirds of home cooking fires started when food or other cooking materials caught fire.
- Clothing was the item first ignited in less than one percent of these fires, but these incidents accounted for 18 percent of the cooking fire deaths.
- Ranges accounted for the largest share (62 percent) of home cooking fire incidents.
- More than half (55 percent) of reported non-fatal home cooking fire injuries occurred when the victims tried to fight the fire themselves.
- Frying poses the greatest risk of fire.
- Thanksgiving is the peak day for home cooking fires.
Importance of Rental Insurance for your Peotone Home
Do you know how important renters insurance is?
We see disasters everyday... and one of the saddest things is when people don't have rental insurance and loose everything. If you have questions about rental insurance you should speak to an agent for more information.
- The landlord's insurance covers your possessions. Don't count on it. Most landlords' insurance covers only the building and damages due to negligence.
- Renters insurance is expensive. In this case, the numbers speak for themselves. The average renters policy costs just $12 a month for up to $30,000 in personal property coverage. That's solid coverage for less than the cost of a couple of cups of coffee a week.
- Still concerned about price? Your insurer will work with you to find the combination of coverage and costs that suits your needs. You might even qualify for a discount by taking some simple home safety precautions or purchasing another policy, such as auto insurance, with the same insurer.
- You don't need insurance if your stuff isn't expensive. Most renters' belongings cost more than they think.
- Think that number is too high? Take a moment to add up the approximate cost of your computer, television, stereo, furniture, jewelry, and clothing. If a fire gutted your apartment tomorrow, would you have the cash to replace it all?
- Renters insurance covers only your possessions. In fact, renters insurance covers much more than just your personal property: The average policy also includes up to $100,000 in liability coverage. That means in the event of a covered loss your insurer will help cover the costs if you're held responsible for injuring another person or damaging another person's property, including your landlord's.
- Renters insurance is hard to get. You can research providers, compare quotes, and even find an agent online
A community partnership
Out and about.
At SERVPRO of Matteson-Homewood we strive to be as actively involved in our local communities as possible. We strongly believe that to be successful you need to do more than just offer a great service to your communities, you need to buy into what is happening and what is important locally.
Over the years we have worked very hard to not only help sponsor events and charity fundraisers but also actively participate in them. If we aren’t trying to help those around us succeed then our success will also be limited, in being a valued community business leader and participant.
The best way to lead is always by example.
Be Prepared for Winter Storms!
Winter Storm Preparedness: Prevent Frozen Water Pipes
Winter storms are here and it won't be the last.
The National Severe Storms Laboratory categories a winter storm as having snow, sleet, or freezing rain. In Hazel Crest, we can see any of this type of precipitation throughout the winter months. When the temperature is below the freezing point and precipitation is in the forecast, that’s when our office knows what types of calls we’ll be getting: water damages.
How Water Pipes Freeze and Break
A water damage during a winter storm happens when your pipes freeze. When water freezes, it expands and creates pressure inside the pipe, which can cause it to break. The pipes that are most likely to freeze are those outside the home that are exposed. Other vulnerable pipes are those indoors that don’t have access to heat, like those under your kitchen cabinets or in the garage.
Indoor Frozen Pipe Prevention
- Before temperatures reach freezing, insulate exposed and vulnerable pipes. You can do this by installing pipe sleeves or even wrapping the pipes with newspaper.
- Close the garage door to prevent cold air from coming in.
- Open kitchen and bathroom cabinets to allow warm air to circulate around the pipes.
- Keep your home heated above 55 degrees Fahrenheit.
What To Do Until Help Arrives
If your pipes still freeze and you have a water damage, give us a call immediately and follow the following steps:
- Don’t delay. Call us as soon as you notice your water damage. The longer water stands in a structure, the more damage it will cause. As soon as you call, we will schedule a crew of technicians to travel to your home and begin remediation.
- Cut off the water source, if possible.
- Get textiles off the floor. Many homeowners rush to put down towels to stop the water flow, and that’s okay. Towels can easily be cleaned at our textile cleaning facility if need be. What you want to look out for are small fragile textiles or objects on the floor that can be damaged by water.
- Begin documentation. Start with the point of origin and all affected areas. While our technicians will also take the document, it's important to start documenting as soon as possible to prove your loss to your insurance company.
Be Aware of the Weather
Keep your eye on the weather forecast. Not only will you be prepared to travel safely, it’ll also give you to valuable time to prepare your home and keep it, and everyone living inside it, safe.
SERVPRO of Matteson-Homewood
We can be reached 24/7/365 at (708) 747-9925
“Like it never even happened.”
Dangers of Space Heaters
SERVPRO Warns About the Dangers of Space Heaters When Not Used Properly
Fire does not care what season it is or whether or not its cold outside. Winter related fires are extremely common, especially when you are trying hard to keep warm.
Our offices in the Matteson-Homewood area have experience in fire damage from space heaters and can provide you with some tips to help avoid having to deal with these types of destructive events this winter season.
SERVPRO technicians understand that accidents happen. Placing space heaters too close to other objects or using the wrong type of heater in a particular area can cause severe problems. Please take a moment to consider some factors leading to these fires.
Oil Heaters - Should be used in areas where there is the possibility of moisture. This eliminates any electrical hazards that may be present due to water conductivity. Always keep a safe distance to avoid contact burns.
Electric Heaters - These heaters come in a variety of shapes and sizes and can be useful for many areas in your home. However, they should never be left unattended. Thinking of electric heaters as giant toasters can help you understand how important it is to keep a constant eye on them. Make sure you have sufficient wattage to run the device and never use extension cords.
Our SERVPRO staff gets an incredible amount of space heater-related calls every winter. People are trying to stay warm and use space heaters quite often for this purpose. However, using a space heater does not need to cause so many problems during a cold spell. Just use common sense, and always follow the directions of the manufacturer.
The professional technicians at SERVPRO state that you follow a few simple guidelines when operating your space heaters.
1) Always place space heaters on a flat, solid surface for proper stabilization.
2) Purchase heaters with an automatic shut-off feature to prevent dangers from tipping.
3) Maintain proper spacing between heaters and other objects in your home.
4) Never leave children or pets unsupervised around operating heaters.
5) Shut your heaters off properly before leaving your home or going to sleep.
Following these guidelines does not ensure that you will never have to deal with fire damage from space heaters. However, you are less likely to have an unwanted consequence. If this sort of incident still strikes your home this winter season, make the call to our offices immediately. We will respond quickly and provide you with the services you need to get back to normal fast.
Call SERVPRO of Matteson - Homewood today at (970) 493-6335
Holiday Safety Tips
Holiday Safety Tips
The holidays offer many opportunities for family and friends to gather, but they also come with an increased fire risk. With a little extra attention and care, you can help your family have a happy and safe holiday season.
The holidays don’t feel like the holidays without delicious food. While cooking always presents potential fire hazards, home cooking fires always spike up around the holiday season.
When you have lots of cooks in the kitchen, it’s easy for things to get messy and confusing. However, a cluttered, chaotic kitchen is a hazardous kitchen. Make sure to keep flammable objects, like towels, packaging, and potholders, away from the stove. Communicate with everyone in the kitchen so you don’t leave the stovetop or oven on when it’s not in use. Wipe up spills quickly, and don’t let grease pile up around a burner.
If a deep-fried turkey is on the menu, make sure you fry it on a flat surface outside at least 10 feet away from the house.
While holiday lights can add a fun ambience to your home, it’s important to decorate safely. When you first open a package of new lights or crack open a box of previously-loved strands, take time to inspect each strand. If you find frayed or cracked wires or any broken sockets, return them or throw them away.
Don’t put more strands of lights on your tree than the packaging recommends. Overloading trees (and outlets) are a common cause of holiday fires. Unplug your holiday lights (and tree, if applicable) before you go to bed or leave the house.
If you want to hang lights outside, don’t use nails or staples as they can damage the wiring. Invest in quality hooks or hangers. Once the holidays are over, take down all outside lights. Small animals, like squirrels, may start chewing on the wires if you leave them up all year.
If your family uses menorahs for Hanukkah, you could consider using an electric one to cut down on fire hazards. If you prefer traditional candles, just be careful.
Keep the menorah at least three feet away from flammable items, and make sure you place a non-flammable surface, like an aluminum foil-lined tray, underneath the menorah to catch the melting wax.
Setting up the Christmas tree can mark the beginning of the Christmas holiday for many families. Unfortunately, if they are not properly set up and taken care of, they pose a large fire risk.
Keep the Christmas tree at least three feet away from fireplaces or heating elements in your home.
If you prefer a live Christmas tree, make sure to care for it properly. A dry tree can start to engulf a room in flames within a minute of ignition. Help reduce fire risks with the following guidelines:
- Buy a fresh tree. When you first choose the tree, the pine needles should be green and not easily broken.
- Cut off the bottom. When you get the tree home, cut two inches of the bottom to create a raw cut so the tree can soak in water.
- Water the tree daily. Well-watered trees are less likely to catch fire.
- Throw it out promptly. No matter how much you water it, your tree will dry out over time. Once the pine needles start to fall off and the tree starts to dry, it’s time to throw it out.
If you choose an artificial tree, consider flame-resistant or flame-retardant options.
Taking steps to prevent holiday fires can help reduce the risk, but there’s always a possibility of a fire. If your home suffers fire damage, SERVPRO of Matteson-Homewood can help.
We have the knowledge and experience to properly treat fire and smoke damage to make your home “Like it never even happened.” We offer 24/7 emergency service; call us anytime at (708) 747-9925.
SERVPRO after fire services
Extra Services SERVPRO Provides After A Fire
In addition to our fire damage repair and restoration services, SERVPRO also offers a number of accompanying services to help get your home, belongings, and family in order as soon as possible following a fire. Our technicians are trained not only to repair your home, but also to help and work with you, and as such, they can directly take on a number of bonus services or negotiate with licensed contractors for further help.
With advanced software and tracking technology, our professionals can help to take inventory of everything in your home following fire damage in Homewood, room-by-room and with your guidance. Not only does this help you to better understand what was and was not lost in the fire, but it also helps when negotiating with insurance providers, so that they can compare inventories and know what was lost in the fire.
Our technicians will help to move out furniture, equipment, and anything you may need if you need to leave the home while it is being restored. This goes hand-in-hand with our inventory services, and one will typically accompany the other. As always, we do everything under your watch and guidance, so that there are no misunderstandings or issues that arise.
Electronics and Artwork Cleaning
Electronics and artwork, if not initially destroyed in the fire, can still take on severe damage even after the dust has settled through staining and corrosion. Depending on the damage, a SERVPRO professional may be able to restore it manually, or we can employ a licensed and trained contractor or specialist to handle the items. These professionals understand the delicate tasks associated with the repair of these items and are the best individuals available to handle these restorations.
At SERVPRO of Matteson-Homewood, we train each and every one of our technicians to always work closely with the homeowner and to provide services to help you to get through your crisis. If you require our cleanup and restoration services, just give us a call 24/7 at (708) 747-9925.
Storm damage in Homewood handled by SERVPRO
SERVPRO Can Remediate Your Flood Damage Regardless of Cause
Floods are often the result of heavy rain from storms. Water levels begin to rise very rapidly and in Illinois, it is called coastal flooding. This rushing water can flood homes and businesses from the attic to the basement. Floods cause extensive property damage that should be addressed immediately. When water and flooding suddenly happen, people may only have a matter of minutes to grab their valuable items and leave for safety. Saving your property and belongings is very important. SERVPRO is a leader in restoration and recovery, with flood damage restoration professionals who can help residential and commercial property owners return to a preloss condition. We are a locally owned and operated company who is always ready to help their Illinois communities through any structural emergencies.
Water and flood damage problems in Homewood can also be caused by other events. There can be difficulties with a failed water heater, HVAC problems, broken pipes, sewage back-flow, or other unforeseen problems. Whatever caused water and flooding, it is important to act as soon as possible to extract the water to minimize any further damage. We offer water and flood damage clean up and restoration services. Our well-trained and certified professionals have all the innovative equipment, industry knowledge and years of experience to clean and restore any water damage situation. We work quickly so that residential and commercial properties are not at risk for mold, which can grow within 24 to 48 hours. After a majority of the visible standing water has been extracted by using our powerful pumps and vacuums, we are not finished. Flood water can be hidden behind drywalls, baseboards, wallpapers, crawlspaces or in ceilings. We use specialized equipment that can locate water or moisture areas so that mold or mildew will not grow later on.
We will also clean, sanitize, and deodorize all of your rooms and office space areas. We clean all restorable items and other contents using a number of OSHA and IICRC techniques. Our experience and scientific approach to water removal and water cleanup enables SERVPRO to properly dry and restore your property. We are a proud member of the Cook and Will County community, therefore when you call us, we can provide an immediate emergency response that helps to prevent secondary damage and mold. To avoid secondary damage, if you call us quickly, we may be able to treat your carpets, dehumidify soggy furniture and restore it. When you don't have to replace a majority of your belongings as a result of a flood, it can save you thousands of dollars.
Our expert technicians from SERVPRO of Matteson-Homewood can respond to emergency calls, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including holidays. We are a full-service emergency remediation and restoration company. We have all the tools and experience needed to handle the most challenging emergency situations, including water, fire, mold or storm damages. Here is how you can reach us, and in a hurry - (708) 747-9925. We are here waiting to hear from you!